Sunday, April 6, 2008

How the web polarized politics

Which government would you choose if you had a choice of

A government that monitors your every move,
or
A government that won't move without your opinion?

I would choose a government that monitors my every move.
Good companies do market research to find out what kind of things we like and want then provide goods or services.
So if government knows what we want and like, then government will act as it should.

if a government asks us for approval for everything. it's too much, if we do that then what's the point of having representatives or delegates for governing the country.

Computer technology can enable us to do all these, but will it be a good idea?

2 comments:

Lola said...

when I read that statement in the article, it really got me thinking...do I want a gov that monitors that my every move or one that cannot move with out me. Ive come to the conclusion that of course I don't want a gov that doesn't move without my opinion...duh, thats why I elected you. I would like you to take into consideration my opinion, especially if it gels with the other millions of people in the States, but to no do anything...till I say go...undermines the whole governmental process.

Darcie said...

It was impossible for me to decide what I would choose, a govt that monitored everything or a govt that would do nothing without approval. But I think the point of govt is to have the balance. The govt is supposed to come in where the private sector fails, they are needed to make big decisions that the public cant make, but they aren't there to control everything and everyone...even if the internet makes it easier for them to do so.