Monday, March 31, 2008

The way to hire.

I just read an article "Hire Great People: 10 Simple Rules by Barbara Reinhold" on nytimes.com & monster for employers.

In the article, it says "Rule number one is clear: Don't ever, ever hire somebody just like yourself".

Last year, I was hired by a banker who is not like me. This made me worried why I was hired. but now I think I understand why they hired. That was because I am not like him.

But I still am worried, what is gonna happen over the summer because I still dont know where I'm gonna work at. I know I'm gonna work for the bank, but they havent told me where the office gonna be. I hope I will be working in Tokyo..... If not I might change the job.....

2 comments:

Darcie said...

I am not sure I understand why you should Never Ever hire someone like yourself. I think there are probably many situations where this may actually be a benefit. I don't think you should hire someone just because they are like you, and I also think you should be weary of butting heads, but I think it is strange that the article treats it like it must absolutely never be done.

ae said...

You dont want some one like your self on the office because then you dont have "other" perspective or opinion. At times you need someone else with different ideas to help you. So why hire someone who thinks like you, when you can hire some who doesnt and together form a great team!